Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Ethan is sick.

Early this morning at about 6am, my dear son, Ethan woke up crying and looking for me. When I tried to cuddle him, I realize he was warm so I used this thermometer that I bought from Kiddy Palace to take his temperature but it showed me 37 degrees Celsius. Hmmmnn... Normal le, I told my hubby. So soon after Ethan fell back to sleep and so did we.

At about 10am, he woke up crying again. He still feel warm so I went to get another thermometer from my mil to take his temperature. It showed 38 degrees Celsius! I tried back the other thermometer, it showed 37 degrees Celsius. How can? Anyway I brought him to his doc, and his throat is sore that why the fever.

Now I'm comtemplating on whether should I bring the thermometer back to kiddy palace to ask for refund or exchange. I have 2 units as I gave 1 to my mum to put at her place. And that unit at her place show the same thing, 37 degrees celcius. Should I?

This is the thermometer that I bought was from Kiddy Palace, cost me S$99 each.

Candi Scientific.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, found your blog while browsing, we are quite similar since my number 1 was born early 2009, while we are expecting number 2 end Oct this year! :)

    Anyway, sorry to hear that Ethan is sick. Did you use the ear or forehead scan for the thermometer? We are using a forehead scanner (we find it easier to take the temp when the kid is sleeping), but the forehead scanners tend to read lower compared to the ear scanners... perhaps that's why there was a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jus,

    Thanks for dropping by. Congrats on your No.2! The thermomemeter above that I showed actually can scan the forehead and also thru the ear. I used the 2 methods using the same thermometer, it showed the same thing. But when I use the Braun thermometer it showed that Ethan has a fever. Isn't it frustating...hai..

    ReplyDelete