Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

25 weeks and 15 weeks to go.....

Visited the Gynea on Sat, was happy to see my baby growing well and healthy. There was a few problems I encounter during the past few weeks, so I check with my Gynea on it.

I was having some numbness in my fingers when i wake up in the morning. Sometime it's the right hand, sometime it's on the left hand and sometime both. It has been going for a few weeks so I decided to tell my Gynea about it. She say it normal during pregnancy, it's probably the swelling tissues pressing on some nerves in my hands. She also mention if the numbness and if there is pain confined to the thumb, index finger, middle finger, and half of the ring finger, it a syndrome call Carpal Tunnel syndrome (CTS) but this syndrome is more common in people who does repetitive motions of the hands like typing or playing the piano. And it can affect the hand, wrist or even the arm. But mine is not so serious and will go away after I delivered.

The other problem I have was I suddenly have this outbreak of itchy bumps the other night and I woke up in the middle of the night with swollen patches all over my body and face. I was feeling so itchy and miserable that I have to go the A&E  to get myself cured. The doc at the A&E say that I must have ate some seafood or nut in order to develop the allergy which I was rather surprised cause I never have food allergy before.
So when I told my Gynea she say it most probably  Urticaria or what my mum will call 'Feng Mo'. And mine could be cause by the sudden difference in temperature like extreme hot at one time then extreme cold. This made me realise that could be the real reason cause the weather was so hot and I was trying to keep myself cool by standing in front of the air con or bath in cold water.  Luckily it lasted only for a few days and it was gone.

This 2nd pregnancy is not smooth sailing as the 1st one. I really hope nothing major happen and I really can't wait to give birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment