Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

30 weeks and 10 weeks more to go....

Just went for check up yesterday and happy to know that baby is doing fine. The doctor did the growth scan and found that baby is estimated to be 1.6kg about 300g more than normal. Size of the head and tummy were measure to be slightly bigger than estimated and assured us everything is normal. And baby will be just like korkor, big baby.

The doctor also wanted me to do a Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) to see if I have diabetes. She wanted to make sure that foot fungus infection that I'm having is not a sign of diabetes. Yes, foot fungus, not sure why I have it as I have been wearing open toes sandals and it has spread from my last left toe to my 2nd toe. And the it has cause my foot to swell with water retention. So now my feet looks funny, left foot swollen while the right foot looks normal. It has make me hard to walk around these days and I have to walk really slow like a tortoise It is so torturing I really hope it will heal fast soon.

I went to do my OGTT this morning, as I need to fast for at least 8 hrs before going to the doctor. First the doctor will draw a tube of blood and after which I have to drink a big glass of glucose water. It was super super sweet and I cannot drink or eat anything until 2 hours later which I need to go and draw out another tube of blood.

The test result will be out by next Monday, keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have diabetes. *pray pray*

No comments:

Post a Comment