Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

Thank you and You're welcome.

Ever since Ethan was 13 months and started to talk, he has never failed to surprised or amazed us all. He learn things very fast so we try to mind our language around him. I remembered there was once he heard one of us say 'Bullshit', and very soon after, you can hear him repeating 'bullshit bullshit' through out the day. It took us quite a while to distract him away from repeating it.

And when he was about 18 months, he could speak in sentences, so we decided to teach him some manners. Whenever he wants something, he have to ask for it. Like ' May I have some of this, please or Can I have some of that please?' He soon learn it very fast as he knew we will give in to him whenever he manage to ask correctly. We have also taught him to say 'Thank you and you're welcome' but he never really pick it up till recently.

Whenever he has successfully asked for things that he wants, he will always say 'Thank you' And whenever we thanked him for things he had done, he will always reply with' you're welcome' I must say that I'm very proud of him as he has make it a habit to thank everyone who have done things for him or gave him anything and say 'you're welcome' when necessary. And I feel good whenever people praised that he is so well mannered, and I know I have at least taught him some good.

3 comments:

  1. Newest follower. I have lots of tips for learning times tables as well as some good links to interactive times tables, maths and stories for your older son. I will be back. Have a great day.
    Nina
    Fun Times Tables Games

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never too early to teach manners. I'm a new follower from the New Friends Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by ladies.

    ReplyDelete